If you’re interested in health and medicine, the student organizations (HPS and MAPS) at Kalamazoo College provide a place for you to learn about future careers and issues in these fields.
HPS and MAPS are a great way to…
- Connect with others who share your career interests
- Find ways to be engaged in activities in your community
- Demonstrate your interest in helping others in a variety of capacities
- Raise student awareness about current healthcare issues
- Garner mentorship from upperclassmen
- Interact with physicians and healthcare workers to understand healthcare issues, careers, and lifestyles
If you’re interested in a career in a medical or healthcare field, consider joining these organization to learn more about your future opportunities.
HEALTH PROFESSIONS SOCIETY (HPS)
Health Professions Society is an organization seeking to foster a welcoming pre-health environment at K. This career track at the school has a lot of bright minds, and we encourage them to join this organization for our peer mentorship network, volunteering trips to the Kalamazoo community, and networking events with health professionals. Any and all students are welcome, whether committed to a pre-health profession or still deciding.
MULTICULTURAL ASSOCIATION OF PRE-HEALTH STUDENTS (MAPS)
We are a group primarily serving ethnic and racial minority-identifying individuals at Kalamazoo College interested in pursuing careers in healthcare. Our resources include:
- Career-oriented mentorship
- Peer-to-peer mentorship
- Safe space within the STEM community
- Platform for discussions about issues in healthcare
- Access to support network at Western Michigan University’s Homer D. Stryker School of Medicine